Fonteny 1996 et 2009
This plot of vines was vinified and sold seperately from the Premier Cru for the
vintages in 1996 and 2009.
- Grape variety - 100% pinot noir
- Average age of vines in the plot - 50 years
- Annual production - 500 bottles
- Geology - Clay-limestone
- The vines have only been treated with organic preparations since 2003
- Traditional vinification
- 18 to 20 months ageing in 100% new oak casks
- Non filtered wine
Wine for laying down, but can be appreciated when young after carafing for several hours before serving.